Tuesday 24 July 2007

Back from Portugal

Hello again Blogface,

So I went away to Portugal for 10 days with my beautiful girlfriend Julie. I guess a "review" of the holiday, if you will, will bore the shit out of you so briefly - we stayed by the pool, we went to the beach, we went to a waterpark and went to a zoo marine and didn't do much else. I also drove a Jetski which was amazing and terrifying in equal parts. Great fun though, just don't tell my mum... That's just the way I like my holidays though so I had an excellent time. If you want to see photos they are on my Facebook.


I did manage to get through 3 books Johnny 5 style (ok, maybe not that fast). They were 'Survivor', 'Choke' and 'Haunted' all by the same author, Chuck Palahniuk. All 3 were, although quite similar in style and main character/s, excellent and I couldn't put them down (damn glue on the cover). 'Haunted' is a book of short stories (with a main story interweiving) and the very first story is called 'Guts' and when Chuck read it out on his promo tour, 2 or 3 people fainted per reading! And looky here, the story is below;

http://www.seizureandy.com/stuff/guts.html

I would recommened his work to anyone who likes minimalist and nihilistic writing with black, black humour. He's like the Radiohead of the literature world - or not. I am currently starting another of his books - 'Invisible Monsters' and he has inspired me to start writing my own novel. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: